It has been absolutely freezing outside. Well, that is not quite true. Last week on Thursday and Friday it was a good 65 degrees outside and then overnight, snow and 15 degree weather happened. Brrrr…. Putting on the gloves and the big heavy coat to let the dogs out becomes tedious. I don’t even want to step outside. I want to hibernate in my house, on my couch, underneath a big warm blanket. I desire warmth. I find it to be cold if it’s below 70 degrees. LOL My husband always laughs at me for this.
Anyways, in my frozen state I wanted soup. Who wouldn’t? A big warm bowl of chicken noodle would do the trick. Below is an awesome chicken noodle soup recipe filled with veggies. It is sure to warm up any cold day. The best part is, it’s a slow cooker recipe! Woot Woot!
- 5 cups of chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery (about 1/2 cup), chopped (I like it chunky but you can cut it into smaller pieces if desired)
- 3-4 carrots (about 1/2 cup), chopped (chunky or finely chopped, choice if yours)
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained (no salt added)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded (about 2 cups)
Put all the veggies in the slow cooker. Pour chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and seasonings over veggies. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5-6 hours of on high heat for about 4 hours. Add the noodles and chicken to the slow cooker and cook on high for an additional hour. Serve.
Note: I boil one pound of chicken breasts in a separate pot and shred. Then I add it to the soup.
Here are my pictures of me whipping this yummy soup up.
All the veggies chopped and ready to go. Look how pretty they are!
Broth, soup and seasonings.
Chicken ready to be added.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Recipe Linked to: